Thursday, August 24, 2017

Go Down, Moses

I love Moses! You see, he asks a lot of "what ifs" when he talks with God. "What if they ask questions?" "What if they don't listen?" "What if they don't believe me?" "What if they say..." and the list continues. But my absolute favorite part of an anxiety driven prayer has to be when Moses pleads "Lord, please! Send anyone else." Actually I can hear him add "really, almost anyone else." (Exodus 4:13)

But Moses was going to have to understand that God wanted him. God chose Moses for this journey of trust. God wanted to use Moses (and all his questions, worries, anxieties). And God wants to do the same with me. Although certainly my journey does not include Pharoah, plagues of Egypt, or leading a panic stricken group thru a parted Red Sea, I'm asked to trust my own journey and what God has picked out for me.

Moses wasn't interested in doing this journey without knowing God was with him. Me neither. Exodus 33:14 the Lord addresses this concern. "I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest - everything will be fine for you. " And then again my kindred spirit Moses responds as only he can, "If you don't go personally with us, don't make us leave this place." I can picture him saying this - it's my heart cry, too.

God, like you did for Moses, please do for me. Show me your glorious presence. Be with me in all of my "what ifs" and instruct me in the way I should go. A new land of opportunity awaits my entrance and at times I fear, desperately wanting you to send almost anyone else. May I not be afraid or discouraged, for You will personally go ahead of me and be with me, never abandoning.

And thank you for Moses.
Deuteronomy 31:7,8

2 comments:

  1. I really needed this today, Melody. I have been reading about Moses these last few days and wondering how I needed to interpret his struggle and his journey. Your words bring me comfort and hope right now at this anxious time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking, journeying, struggling, encouraging together! All in Gods timing ❤️

      Delete