Thursday, June 27, 2013

Accessing the Calm

"Ask the Saviour to help you,
Comfort, strengthen and keep you;
He is willing to aid you,
He will carry you through!"


I picture myself in the boat, waves crashing, smacking the wood boards. Will we sink?  My heart is pounding. I hate storms. Dark clouds roll in, winds cause my hair to sting my face. I am so very scared. I do not want lightening to find me. Will I drown? I'm shaking. And then comes the ghost. Really? There is more to this terrifying nightmare? Why did I make the choice to be out in a boat today?

Others are now yelling at me out of their own fear.
"Didn't you check the weather forecast?"
"Shame on you, others followed your example! They only came because of you!"
"You should have known better than to wear..."
"This is your mess. Hope you've learned your lesson."

He whispers. I can feel His breath. He holds on with both arms and starts to stroke my hair. I realize that I have buried my face in His chest to block the sounds of the raging storm and voices. I feel His scratchy wet robe, but it is oh, so comforting. I think I hiccup a couple times amidst sobs. 

And then I remember the other passengers. I must get up and get the life jackets.

"Shshsh... Be still...I love them so much. For now leave them to me. You stay."

And then I remember the flares. I must get them. I'm the only one who knows where they are.

"Shshsh...Be still...You are safe. Trust. Rest. I am here. Others will see Me. They will see your trust and assurance. They will want the same peace. For now focus on the resting. Breath, relax, lean fully on Me." 

And the seas went calm.








4 comments:

  1. Yes in the storms of our lives, God always sends his flares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hairbrushes for those of us who need to sing our way through! Lol Much love, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much of a need for a hairbrush...but a word that strengthens in the darkness, a hand to guide when I feel lost and a knowledge that He has already conquered will keep your boat afloat.

    ReplyDelete