Saturday, June 1, 2013

The King and I

The King showed forth his land one day,
Unto his heir, the prince.
"All that I have is yours my son,
The verdant fields, the fragrant scents."

"Feel free to swim the sparkling waters,
Free and easy roam.
And be secure, not wavering
Like wind tossed seas with foam."

The prince looked up quite skeptical,
Suspicious, "Is this true?
What if I cross an angry dragon,
Then what will I do?"

"Tis best I stay inside the castle,
Cowardly, in fear.
I'm just too frightened to roam freely
Knowing there's a dragon near."

The King that day was worried,
Grieved to see his anxious heir.
He longed to trade his open fields
For prisons of despair.

"Come now my son, and walk with me.
Hold tightly to my hand.
I'll give the strength you need today,
Against your dragon stand."

Alarmed but aching for a change,
Determined to live free,
The prince proclaimed in hardy voice,
"My Father walks with me!"



No comments:

Post a Comment